CREW Member: Bob Demoss

Started learning drums and a little guitar when I was about 11 years old. Had my 1st band in the early 60's called 'The Trolls" from Ashland. Guitarist and I would switch and I played guitar on 'For Your Love' by the 'Yardbirds'. Later moved to Natick and met Louie Santoro.

Decided to quit drums (shin splints) and took my first roadie/lightman gig with "Sacrifice", where I also played congas on Santana covers.

It's after high school where the story begins, starring Louie Santoro, seemingly guiding me, at nearly every turn ... as I worked with:

Sledge-Hamma - Lights/Sound
Stewart Little - Sound
Pretty Poison -  Stage roadie/Sound.

At this point a friend wanted me to design a club PA and became Dark Star Sound. I worked with a few bands-Ice, Griffin and Justice as well as battle of bands at the Back Room. Then I got married and there went my musical involvement, for a while. Had to make some money to pay the old bills that had accumulated. Worked at KiddeFenwal in Ashland for 20 years and retired due to numerous shoulder injuries (Damn Ramunos B3 & B.Howe's Ampeg!)

Got together with R. Ramuno and worked sound for band he was in but found, after their 1st gig, that my shoulders couldn't take it. I had been seeking old band tapes and started polishing them. I still keep my hand in that part but retired from the roadie work. Too bad, as I invested around $10K in a new mixing board, mics.stands, EQ, other toys and a Bose stereo L2 phase 2 with 8 bass bottoms. Makes a nice home stereo system .

I had been exposed to many styles of music.Country from living in Tenn., Big Band from Abbott & Costello  movies and classical from school. Hate rap and most operas and don't really care for current bubble gum music. Rock & Roll is the best.

... Nuf Sed ...